Venice - Where the Earth revolves around the Sea
Venice is ranked 3rd in Europe in terms of its regular lines dedicated to general cargo traffic. Handling more than 370,000 containers a year, Venice is also a leading Adriatic container port. It is the only port in Italy with immediate access to inland waterways connecting the north-eastern and northwestern regions of the country.
The port of Venice is increasing its capacity in all sectors.
- A new Ro-Ro and Ro-Pax Terminal with a logistics platform linked to the railroad, able to handle 1,000 ferries/year, will be operational by 2012.
- An offshore terminal is being planned to receive oil, bulk and container traffic. Cargo will be transferred to a “mobile yard” made up of a fleet of barges sailing to either maritime and inland destinations.
- This will produce a deep reorganization of both Venice and the North Adriatic port systems, upgrading Venice’s capacity to 3 million TEUs alone. The offshore terminal will operate together with a new container terminal in Marghera connected to the railroad network.
- 2,200 ha surface area
- 30 km wharves
- 31 operatin berthings
- 12/14 m depth
- 205 km internal railway network
- 70 km internal road network
- 24 terminals
- 1 dedicated cruise terminal + yacht facilities
Autorità Portuale di Venezia
Santa Marta, Fabbricato 13, 30123 Venezia
Tel.:+39 041 533 4111