Trieste - Live the Past, Experience the Future
With facilities capable of serving the largest of vessels with natural draughts up to 18 metres, excellent accessibility, outstanding road and rail connections, proximity to the rapidly growing economies of Central and Eastern Europe, Trieste is an efficient and competitive free port of call.
Port services are available day and night, 365 days a year and can be adapted to the individual customer’s needs.
The Port Authority
The Trieste Port Authority is a public entity that has the task of directing, programming, coordinating, controlling and promoting port operations and the other commercial and industrial activities carried out in the port by private operators. It has powers of regulation and ordinance. It carries out the development of port facilities and the maintenance of the shared parts within the port area. It operates in the sector of transport and logistics, promoting intermodality.
- 2,300,000 m2, of which 1,800,000 m2 are a free zone
- 425,000 m2 of open storage area
- 500,000 m2 of covered storage
- 12 km of quayside
- Berths with depths up to 18 m
- More than 20 well-equipped specialised terminals capable of handling every type of cargo
- Passenger terminals located in the heart of the historic city centre
Autorità Portuale Trieste
Via Von Bruck 3
Tel. +39 040 6731
Fax: +39 040 6732 406